|THE LONG AWAITED GRAND FINALE TO THE MOST CELEBRATED EROTIC CLASSIC IN COMICS HISTORY!
The Complete OMAHA THE CAT DANCER, Vol. 8
Reed WALLER, Kate WORLEY & James VANCE
Omaha and Chuck struggle to put the tangled past behind them while political corruption and a tightening police investigation threaten to destroy their future and ensnare their loved ones. This volume contains the long-awaited conclusion to the internationally acclaimed sexy soap opera for adults, in which mysteries are solved, painful sacrifices are made and the lovely cat dancer takes a final turn on the stage. All-new and never before collected, Volume 8 was drawn by legendary Omaha creator Reed Waller and written by his beloved late co-creator Kate Worley, in collaboration with James Vance.
"Grade 9/10. My favorite part about the world of Omaha? Everyone is a different animal and none of them care. I wish our world would be a bit more like that." -
"A nice job of sticking the landing."
-Comics Waiting Room
"Reasons to read the series:
* It’s an engrossing soap opera with a wide-ranging cast of characters.
* The art is very well-done. The figures are lovely and expressive.
* Sex is a part of most people’s lives, so creating stories that involve it makes sense for adult readers. And the sex isn’t aimed just at the male reader; it’s entertaining for everyone. This is erotica more than porn.
* The writing is emotionally poignant, funny and frustrating and realistic.
* The creators aren’t ashamed of their content."
-Johanna Draper Carlson, Comics Worth Reading
"After many years, this signal and celebrated post-underground achievement in comics comes to its conclusion thanks to James Vance’s and Reed Waller’s development of Kate Worley’s notes. Quality erotic comics."
Heidi McDonald, Publishers Weekly
"Omaha is a wonderful series. The new volume is the last, containing the issues that weren’t completed at the time of writer Kate Worley’s death (too soon) from cancer. Her husband, James Vance, completed her work along with Reed Waller, the artist on the series from the get-go. The transition, to me, is seamless. There won’t be any more. That’s a shame. But we have these eight volumes, and you should get them. Now."
Martha Thomases, ComicMix
8 ½ x11, 160pp., B&W Trade pb., $15.99, ISBN 9781561637546